I know how much you love a good steam treatment at the salon. The steam helps to open the cuticle layer of your hair, allowing each strand to better absorb the benefits of a deep conditioning treatment. Here is a DIY solution so you can achieve the same moisture boosting benefits at home. No steamer required!
All you need is: 1-2 hand towels or 1 regular size bath towel, 2 plastic shower caps or 2 plastic grocery bags, water, conditioner, and/or your favorite moisturizing oil.
1.After shampooing your hair, apply a generous amount of conditioner to your hair. If you are natural, you my need to section your hair into 4-6 sections to apply conditioner to each section and comb through with a wide tooth comb or detangling brush. Delanda Intensive Care Protein Conditioning Treatment is an excellent choice giving you an amazing slip to detangle and condition your hair. Also for an extra boost of moisture, you can add your favorite oil to the conditioner and apply to your hair. Delanda Rejuv Hair Growth Oil will give you an amazing tingling sensation while stimulating your scalp to encourage healthy hair growth.
2. Place plastic shower cap or plastic bag around your head.
3. Take your towel and soak it in water so that it is completely wet. (wring it out loosely so it is not dripping with water)
4. Place the towel in the microwave for 2 minutes or until very warm.
5. Loosely wring the towel out again, then wrap the towel around your head which is covered with the plastic cap or bag.
6. Then take a second plastic cap or bag large enough to cover your entire towel wrapped head.
7. Sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour and let your own body heat do the work, or if you have a hooded or bonnet dryer if you have one.
8. Once complete, rinse your hair with the coolest water you can stand. This helps to seal the hair cuticles and locks in the all the oils and moisture infused from your at home steam treatment!
Give this a try on your next wash day, feel free to share pics and tag me, and let me know how it worked!